This post is one of those “Here’s what I did today” things that I hate. So to make it more interesting, watch this first:
Proof that you can, in fact, sing along to the Doctor Who theme. (that is not me in the video, btw. It’s the lovely Hayley G. Hoover. Look her up on Youtube. She’s amazing :P)
So today, I bought a textbook
…drew a Stargate
…worked on a project for my one high school class
Then I went to the library for a while.
For the grand finale, I saw the Hunger Games again, this time with my friend Ilsa. It’s still amazing. I *may* have spent most of the movie teary eyed. (*May* ).
Better post tomorrow! Cross my heart and kiss my elbow! (bonus points if you know where that’s from…)
Hello! I’m in this super mode. I’m doing homework, listening to music, interacting via social network, blogging, AND reading. I feel so on top of things.
This is in part due to my extreme caffeine consumption and part due to returning home from an extremely inspiring class.
As this is the first week of the new term at my school, I’ll probably remain driven for about another week or two.
Today is also awesome because I
- Got “Paper Towns” by John Green in the mail. As some of you may know, this is one of my favorite books. Period. If you do choose to read it (and you should!), please note that it has mature themes and language. Just so you know…
- Picked up “Maphead” by Ken Jennings and “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” by Ransom Riggs from the library. Super excited! I’ll let you know my opinion when I’m done.
- Spent some time with my good friend Jess.
- Watched a bit of BBC’s “Sherlock”
- Took a nap
- Watched the sun set
And more. There were bad things, but I’d say this was a fairly good day. I’d give it 7/10, so 70% good.
How is life going for you? Is school/work/home giving joy or causing heartbreak?
See you sooner rather than later!
side-note: I’m doing a daily vlog throughout January here if you’re interested.
Image via Wikipedia
I’m not one for New Year’s Resolutions. However, I’m all for to-do lists. They’re what keep me organized. So here’s a list of some of the things I want to accomplish in 2012. I’d love to read yours
- To get started, I’m doing the Try Something New Revolution through the UK’s Channel 4. Everyday, I have to complete a challenge and I plan to vlog about it. To stay up to date, you can follow me at youtube.com/ifimjuliet.
- I want to blog at least once a week. Because I miss you.
- Also, BEDA. Need this be said?
- Finish editing 2011’s NaNoWriMo
- Do NaNoWriMo this year
- Complete my submission to Less Than Three
- Read at least 50 books. Reviews to be posted here.
- Watch 100 movies. I’ll post the reviews on this blog, if I feel the movies deserve reviews.
- Make a black and white silent film.
- Keep my 4.0 college GPA.
- Do Drawctober
- Make a top 5 college list by February (I’m a high schooler attending a community college, so I’ll need to transfer after next year)
- Help decrease world suck. Every year, I choose an organization to volunteer with. I haven’t chosen one yet..
- Take a kickboxing class
- Learn how to do a backflip. I only recently learned how to front flip, but I want to try!
- Meet John and Hank Green (and the Katherine!). I’m going o the local stop of the Tour de Nerdfighteria courtesy of my dear friend Caitlin (she of the Green Applesauce fame).
That gives you an idea. I tend to be overly ambitious.
Still experimenting, but if you want to check it out, it’s http://www.youtube.com/user/ifimjuliet.
Hey guys! Hope you had a nice weekend. I know I did! I….
- participated in karate-oke (karate + karaoke), which means I tried to sing while copying martial arts choreography. Yep.
- Played “ninja” and rocked.
- Watched “Voyage of the Dawn Treader” and had to explain it to the people on both my left and right. “No, the green smoke wasn’t in the book.”
- Learned how to play “The Good, the Bad, and the Munchkin”.
- Played in a soccer game.
- Ate copious amounts of pizza
- Had a Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard
- Tried on my grandma’s vintage jewelry, hats, and really scary fur that made me consider becoming a vegan. Seriously.
- Had conversations littered with references to YouTube.
- Tried on outfits at this little discount store we found.
- Beat my friend at Stratego, proving once and for all that the best offense is a strong defense.
- Finally convinced my mom to watch the LoTR movies- all the way through. We’re on Return of the King. My mom loved the books, but didn’t want to see the movies. I told her it was my mother’s day gift. She told me that they were much better than she expected.
- Almost reached the point where all of my closest friends have read the Hunger Games, so I can talk about them without worrying about spoilers.
And that’s a good summary. I have to do my homework. Of which there is a ton. Because I did everything on the aforementioned list. Yep. Talk to you later, blogging buddies!
Ok, I’ve got this! Ten Awesome Things.
1. According to Harvard’s financial aid website, “…parents of families with incomes below $60,000 are not expected to contribute at all to college costs.” That is incredible!
2. This book
It isn’t perfect, and I have some issues with the author’s moral viewpoint, but if you’re into teen romance books with realistic characters, give it a try. It does address things like teen drinking etc. from a realistic viewpoint, but for the most part, it is done in a classy way…without encouraging it. I hope to post a review this weekend.
3. This song
I have been listening to this over and over. I’m even listening to it while I write this! I like Darren Driss anyway (No, I don’t like him on Glee. I don’t like Glee. Thanks for asking!), and this is such a cool rendition of a song from one of my favorite Disney movies. I used to dream I was Belle when I was little. Actually, I still do sometimes!
4. I went to an orientation for college tonight! I’m thrilled beyond words! I’m also freaking out, but it’s a good freaking out. Maybe.
5. This post
because writing an entire post in haiku is so incredibly awesome.
My Little Pony mock-ups like this one from “Mulan”. (Aren’t the ponies manly?)
9. ‘m not sure which LoTR I like better.
or this one:
10. My absolute favorite pony video is this:
Yep. Dr. Horrible + Ponies = Awesome.
So….those are my ten awesome things. See ya tomorrow!