This is a random jumble of things that interest me right now. It’s not a 10 Things I Like post, but it’s like the cousin of one. Basically, these are things I can’t get out of my head.
1. I have to see this movie. My favorite Youtube/blogger movie reviewer recently posted her thoughts about it, and though they weren’t glowing, they were good enough to increase my desire to see The Art of Getting By. Here’s the review for those of you who are interested. She also posted a video with some thoughts:
2. I’m not sure how I feel about this: Parts were funny, but…yeah, it was a little flat. So many wasted opportunities! This could have been hilarious!
3. I really, really want to read Cosmicomics by Italo Calvino. These student films from DePaul University’s School of Cinema & Interactive Media in Chicago are awesome! Their goal was to make a book trailer that would “inspire viewers to find out more”. Here are my favorites.
This one is so whimsical:
I wish this one had been developed a little bit more:
This one best captured that sense of wonder:
There were others, but these three were my favorites.
4. The fact someone cared enough about my favorite formula to tattoo it on their arm along with Pacman. Seriously.
(Yes, it’s nerdy to have a favorite formula, but in all honesty, the quadratic formula was the best part of algebra for me.)
5. Gosh! You just need to go on YouTube and type in “Straight No Chaser”. Do it! Don’t ask questions, just go! They blow my mind.
That is it! I have a bunch of posts in the works. I just have to smooth out some issues. See you oon!