*because I’m tired and lazy and hungry and I can’t have food until I’ve had some tests tomorrow morning.
As a Whovian, I must say, we have the most adorable cast. I don’t care if you’re not a fan of Matt Smith or Karen Gillan. They’re just the cutest individuals alive!
2. I’m working on an abstract art project. This is what the inside of my head looks like:
Cy Twombly's Work Space
3. Speaking of art…
A palette…of CUPCAKES!!!! (Did I mention that I’m hungry? 😛 )
4. I read this great essay called How to Do What You Love by Paul Graham. It’s inspiring but still realistic. As someone who is still searching for her purpose in life (at least career-wise), it was amazingly comforting.
5. Can I preface this by saying that I’m not a fan of Glee? I mean, if you like Glee, good for you! But it’s just not my thing. However, I am most definitely a fan of Darren Criss, as I’m sure I’ve mentioned in the past. So, this cover of Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” is something that I very much enjoyed. I like how the song is turned from being about lovers to being about two brothers who no longer get along. (I still like the original best, I think)
6. Guys, I made a human heart!
Yes, this has to do with the aforementioned art project.
7. I cannot recommend Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman highly enough. It’s one of the best collections of poetry I’ve ever read. Not every piece is mind blowing, but oh so many are.
|And you, O my Soul, where you stand,
|Surrounded, surrounded, in measureless oceans of space,
|Ceaselessly musing, venturing, throwing,—seeking the spheres, to connect them;
|Till the bridge you will need, be form’d—till the ductile anchor hold;
|Till the gossamer thread you fling, catch somewhere, O my Soul.
Image via Wikipedia
This post would be so much more fun to write if I had 12 jammy dodgers and a fez. Oh well!
“Whirling past through time and space
Trying to save the human race
That special mile upon his face
The Doctor’s back again.”*
Hi there! Since we last spoke, I have read a book that I will probably review later, listened to an incredible amount of music, and started writing (or prewriting) my research paper.
I also watched Dr. Who S6E1: The Impossible Astronaut. It was really, really good. You open with some of the questions from Season 5. Who is River Song? When will the Doctor contact his friends? Is Amy pregnant? Then the adventure starts, and you finding yourself facing a possibility you never considered about the Doctor. What about the villains? Are they any good? Yes. The Silence are terrifying. It isn’t their appearance, which is slightly cheesy, it’s…well, just watch the episode!
I am so blessed to live in a community (both virtual and real) made up of people who “get” my quirkiness about Doctor Who. I have friends who have Doctor Who marathons and who understand my random quotes. They are willing to argue companions, or Doctors, or seasons. And since I have limited “Who” access, they let me crash at their homes in order to play catch-up. Heck, they even make me smoothies! I love them so much! Who knew that a British sy-fy show revival from the 1960’s could bring a bunch of American kids together?
*Yes, I wrote that. Not my best work, but it cracks me up! Yes, there’s more, but I’m still working on it.