Ok… 1, 2, 3 GO!
- da Vinci believed the greatest source of inspiration for artists was cracks in the wall. (Yes, was not were. I know my grammar 😛 )
- Elrond from the Lord of the Rings series is only half elf according to The Hobbit
- Why is the plural of mouse mice? I mean, seriously…
- While I’m asking questions, why do fools fall in love? 🙂
- If were a color, I’d be blue
- Mankind is the only creature who wastes life asking what the meaning of life is.
- How would one paint with all the colors of the wind?
- Carl Sagan once said that to make an apple pie from scratch, one must first make the universe.
- Looking through my music makes me feel like a hipster.
- Ending doesn’t always lead to beginning or vice versa.
Tonight is one of those nights when I’m thinking of everything and nothing. My brain is like a sea of scattered thoughts. That sentence fills my whole quota for pretentious similes. Blah
It may be because I’m young or stressed or both but I find myself flitting back and forth between the serious and the ridiculous. The concept of settling on either side doesn’t seem to have occurred to me.
Ok, I’ve got this! Ten Awesome Things.
1. According to Harvard’s financial aid website, “…parents of families with incomes below $60,000 are not expected to contribute at all to college costs.” That is incredible!
2. This book
It isn’t perfect, and I have some issues with the author’s moral viewpoint, but if you’re into teen romance books with realistic characters, give it a try. It does address things like teen drinking etc. from a realistic viewpoint, but for the most part, it is done in a classy way…without encouraging it. I hope to post a review this weekend.
3. This song
I have been listening to this over and over. I’m even listening to it while I write this! I like Darren Driss anyway (No, I don’t like him on Glee. I don’t like Glee. Thanks for asking!), and this is such a cool rendition of a song from one of my favorite Disney movies. I used to dream I was Belle when I was little. Actually, I still do sometimes!
4. I went to an orientation for college tonight! I’m thrilled beyond words! I’m also freaking out, but it’s a good freaking out. Maybe.
5. This post
because writing an entire post in haiku is so incredibly awesome.
My Little Pony mock-ups like this one from “Mulan”. (Aren’t the ponies manly?)
9. ‘m not sure which LoTR I like better.
or this one:
10. My absolute favorite pony video is this:
Yep. Dr. Horrible + Ponies = Awesome.
So….those are my ten awesome things. See ya tomorrow!
Image via Wikipedia
“In a hole in the ground lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit hole, and that means comfort. “
Despite the fact that I (still!) haven’t read Return of the King (it’s on my list, I swear!), I am a huge LoTR fan. I love the books and the movies. I have to say that I think Peter Jackson did a fantastic job transferring Tolkien’s words into images. So, I was completely excited when I found out that he was going to direct a movie version of The Hobbit. And it’s going to be two parts!!!!!
I can’t wait! I’m really happy with the casting too! Some characters like Frodo and Legolas are returning, which is something I didn’t expect. Martin Freeman is going to play Bilbo and Ian McKellen is returning as Gandalf, but I’m more excited about rumors. It is rumored that David Tennant will be playing Thranduil ans that Leonard Nimoy will be the voice of Smaug! How amazing would that be?
If those rumors are true, then it will be LoTR with a (small) sprinkling of Star Trek and Doctor Who. And since Christopher Lee, who plays Saruman, was also Count Dooku, I guess you could say it has a bit of Star Wars too! My inner fangirl can’t take much more! Oh wait! The movie is going to be in two parts! Two! *Swoon.