Usually, I’d say top 10, but there are far more than ten places I want to go. These are just off of the top of my head. Some of the places on the list are specific, and others are much more generalized.
1. New Zealand- I want to watch rugby. I want to visit the sites where LoTR were filmed. I want to try zorbing. This country is absolutely stunning. New Zealand is a country that I have to visit!
2. Paris, France- I have a whole itinerary for Paris! I want to see the famous sites like the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, the Louvre, and the Pantheon. Visiting cafes, strolling the streets, and visiting Shakespeare and Company (!) are also on my list.
3. The British Isles-England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland have been on my list since I was 7. I want to see the history, visit the sites, absorb the culture, and of course, watch Doctor Who! I’m a little concerned about this stop, because it’s the one I have the most preconceived notions about.
4. Israel – I haven’t really mentioned it on this blog, but I am Jewish. I mean, I not wholly Jewish, but it is a large chunk of my heritage. I would rather see Israel than any other place on this list.
5. The Smithsonian- Ok, so maybe I should have said D.C. The one place in D.C. that I’m dying to see is the Smithsonian, though. That seems a little sad in retrospect…
6. Burma/Myanmar- This may seem a bit out of place, but I spent a year studying, researching, and praying for this country and it holds a piece of my heart. Many people don’t realize the kind of oppression this country is under. I don’t know what I would be able to do to help, but I’d like the opportunity to do something.
7. Austria- I want to go because I’m very Austrian (and German…but Austria is cooler!). I actually have family in Austria that I’ve never met.
8. Italy-Food, sites, history, guys with accents…okay, I was kidding abut that last part, but I’m serious about wanting to visit this country. Although, the Italian language is very strange and I’m not sure how quickly I could pick it up.
9. Newcastle- Technically, this is covered in the category of the British Isles, but it’s one city that I particularly want to see. I watched a series of movies based in Newcastle, and I fell in love.
10. Pretty much anywhere I’ve read about in a book- Even though the majority aren’t real, if I could, I would visit all the countries where I spent my childhood…through reading!
And those are some of the places I want to visit. That was fun! To keep the fun going, you should tell some of the places you’d want to go. Please? Thank you! (you could have said no, but since I have no way of knowing, I’ve decided to assume that you are a kindhearted person who wants to make my day! 😛 )