I’m far too distracted by all my summer activities to write a SQUIRREL! serious post. I have 5 in the works, but I keep getting distracted. But they are coming. Pinkie promise!
1. I need this bench for my room.I’m running out of book space…again!
“I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.” ~Anna Quindlen.
“Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house. ~Henry Ward Beecher”
2. I know…more ponies. But it’s Serenity! Come on! That’s just epic.
This was the first episode of Doctor Who that scared me at all. But it also made me laugh like crazy, which is why I love this poster.
5. I’ve been listening to The Alchemist over and over.
It’s a “…5-song concept album in the musical theater style. The Alchemist follows the tale of an aging alchemist desperate to create an elixir which will bring him back in time where he might save his childhood love from an untimely death.”
I really enjoy it! The whole thing can be listened to online using bandcamp but here’s a sampling: The Turn Part 1: The Choice by Mike Lombardo
6. And if you like that, you may like Frankenstein, another musical I’m into at the moment.
8. For those of you who are Harry Potter fans, this may just be the creepiest thing ever. Well, maybe not ever, but it’s pretty creepy. There’s a Parseltongue translator online that turns any phrase into creepy snake speech. Do with it what you will: parseltongue.php
10. I’m not a country music fan, but there are few things I enjoy more than dancing around singing country songs with my sister. Some Taylor Swift, a bit of Dixie Chicks, maybe a little Brooks & Dunn or Erin McCarley…oh yeah! We are awesome at lip synching!